1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
½ cup olive oil
½ cup lemon juice
4 chicken breasts
Large zip lock bag
- Add the dry ingredients into a small prep bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the lemon juice and oil into a zip lock bag and add roughly half of the spice mix.
- Close bag and shake until the dry mix absorbs most of the oil/lemon.
- Add the chicken breasts, and zip the bag, manipulating each piece to coat both sides. Let it sit in the zip lock bag at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and sprinkle both sides with the remaining seasoning mix.
- Pre-heat the BBQ to medium-high heat and place the chicken breasts on the grill of the BBQ.
- Cook, turning once, until cooked through, (approximately 8-10 minutes per side, depending on the heat intensity and the thickness of the chicken). If it appears that the chicken is a little dry during cooking, drizzle a small amount of olive oil.